Most likely community pharmacy, (Industry), hospital pharmacy and research.
Length of training periods
2 weeks to 3 months
Available months and cities
Most likely from June until September in Zurich, Basel, Bern (German speaking) or Geneva, Lausanne (French speaking). Italian-speaking cities on request.
Most likely host families
Board, pocket money or other financial benefits/remuneration
Placements are usually free of payment, but can vary depending on the offer. Switzerland is expensive in general.
English is mandatory. Main languages in Switzerland: German, French, and Italian (Depends on the area the student will be placed in) would be "nice to have".
- A minimum of 2 years of study is recommended.
- Health and accident insurance covering costs in Switzerland is required (If the Insurance in your home country does not cover the costs, a Swiss insurance has to be taken out)
Information on Work Permits and Visa
- Work permit is is mandatory but will be requestet by the employer.
- The visa depends on the country of origin. For Schengen countries no visa is usually required, an identity card or passport is sufficient. (For further information, see "Overview of ID and visa provisions according to nationality" in documents)
The SEO selects the AF's that he/she thinks are a good match for the employer. The host/employer makes the final decision as to who is best suited.
- This page was updated on the 9st of Dacember 2019