The incoming student will have the possibility to choose between :
- Community Pharmacy; the student would learn from all the new cases that he/she would be faced with such as patient counseling, process of dispensing, and working on the pharmacy’s computer system.
- Hospital Pharmacy or Clinical Pharmacy where the student would enrich his/her clinical background by doing rotations with Doctors in addition to working in the hospital’s pharmacy whereby they are asked to check for drug-drug interactions and help out in the process of dispensing. - Industry, Benta, where students would perform quality assurance, quality control, and other industry related work.
Length of training periods
Two schedules are possible :
- 2 weeks period, 6 hours a day / 5 days a week
- 1 month period, 6 hours a day / 5 days a week *In case a student was placed in a pharmaceutical industry, the student must undergo a minimum of 1 month of training. *In case a student was placed in a hospital or a community pharmacy, the student can undergo training for minimum of 2 weeks.
Available months and cities
Incoming students can choose between December, January , February , June , July , August.
The city that the students would be placed in depends on the type of work that they chose : - The community pharmacy is located in Achrafieh, which is one of the main attractions in Beirut because of all the restaurants, cafes, pubs, and shops in the area. - The hospital is either in Beirut, Byblos, or Mansourieh area. - The industry is situated in Dbayeh, a bit further from Beirut however closer to Jounieh and Byblos, two cities known for their ruins, Byblos being a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Both of them are also known for their pubs, their beaches, and for their festivals during the summer.
The accommodation is in a dormitory that is paid by the student. The dormitory differs according to the student’s practice site however the student will be informed about the details once he/she applies.
Board, pocket money or other financial benefits/remuneration
No pocket money will be provided, however students are given an amount of money for transportation purposes.
English or French
It is very important to speak either English or French to smooth down the communication with your employer and make sure you are comfortable at your site.
Students are preferably to have completed their 2nd or 3rd year of studies in pharmacy school.
Information on Work Permits and Visa
This information will vary from country to country.
For more information please visit the Lebanese embassy's website in your country.
Some general information:
- Passport valid for 6 months beyond the period of intended stay and with two blank pages
- Photocopies of the passport pages (Passport cover, bio-page, pages 7 and 9, and last page) containing the full name, photo, passport #, issue date, and expiry date (one copy of each page)
- Appointment Letter
- Proof of fee payment, which is a valid receipt
- A copy of applicant's residency card with no less than 6 months until expiration if applying at the Lebanese embassy/consulate outside the applicant's country of origin
- Two passport-sized photos and must be on a white background format 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm taken from the front & should be fresh new photographs
- Recent three months original and till dated online bank statement (Should state A/c. holder’s name, sort-code & account number on any internet banking printout should be stamped by the bank
- Travel reservations showing dates of travel
- Hotel reservations in the name of the Lebanese sponsor or place of residency with a listed contact number. If the sponsor is not Lebanese, they must show proof of residency in Lebanon for at least 3 months (Hotel booking or host’s reference letter)
- No objection letter from the sponsor mentioning the reason of the visit or for minors, a Parental Consent Form* from both parents allowing their dependents to travel to Lebanon is required
- Travel insurance must clearly state all the travelling passengers’ names on the policy. The area of validity must clearly cover Lebanon or Worldwide, Coverage of at least $30,000 for emergency medical & repatriation in order to face any expenses that may arise in connection with the applicant's repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention or emergency hospital treatment, with these scenarios expressly stated on the policy document
In addition to the Invitation Letter provided by the SEO
Choosing SEP students is done by the SEO in the first place.
This page was updated on the 23rd of October 2019.