Community pharmacy : learn on how community pharmacy works , learn on how is the approach towards patient awareness in daily life ,learn how to dispense medication, give advice as well as to encounter false medication problem in community pharmacy setting
Hospital : Dispensing prescriptions in Pharmacy department include going around wards
Research field :Assisting in lab based research in an academic setting.
Length of training periods
Usually between 2 to 4 weeks.
Kindly discuss with your host SEO about your preferable duration
Available months and cities
- Chiang Mai
- Khon Kaen
- Ubon Ratchathani
- Bangkok and province around Bangkok
- Nokorn Si Thammarat
July till September is the most suitable because Thai students will be able to take care of Exchange Student . Living cost in Thailand is about 1-2 US dollars per meal
University Dormitory Hotel Guest house Private Dormitory Foster family (information will be provided by SEO if available)
All accommodation is depending on student’s preference. Students can stay at their preferable accommodation & expenses are on their own.But some place have free accommodation LEO of Placement will help to find the best stay for student.
Board, pocket money or other financial benefits/remuneration
No pocket money is provided by local association (PSUT). No wages or salary will be given by the host unless stated.
Students are advised to prepare enough money to support their accommodation, small fee*, SEP trip (will be arranged by SEP Team), meals along SEP period & contingency. Students can plan their expenses with SEP Team.
*Applicable on certain event
- English language is important
Preferably Year 2 students but every student is welcomed to taste a wonderful experience of pharmacy practice in Thailand.
Information on Work Permits and Visa
Visa is available for online application on certain countries. However, students have to double check with their local immigration department about the visa for tourist
•Students are allowed to apply and be receiving update from host SEO only if the quota is not exceeding 10 yet. If the quota is already reaching its limit, the students will be informed beforehand.
- Selected applicants will be marked “Approved” in the database.
- Resume & Motivational letter will be screen by the host SEO, followed by the Contact Person of PSUT & President of PSUT.
- All information will be keyed in to google sheet
- Host will be approached and the resume & motivational letter will be screened by the host as well
- Approval by the host will make the database marked as “Reserved”
- Mutual agreement between host & students will change the status to “Placed” in less than 2 months after applying for SEP.
- Students can continue to receive news or any information from the host upon requests